Top 5 Travel Destinations in the World
With 2015 drawing to a close, right now is the right time to book your next vacation. Here at Beowulf Lodge, we realize that it can be difficult to pick a place to take a holiday–so here is a top 5 destinations world travel guide, in no particular order.
- Santiago, Chile: With a northern desert, southern alpine tundra, and gorgeous mountains in between, Santiago, Chile has all of the natural beauty you could ever want. Santiago is a world capital city, full of modern marvels such as Latin America’s tallest building (the Gran Torre Santiago). With other architectural wonders such as the Cerro Santa Lucia, you’ll get a Spanish flair without the expense of a trip to Barcelona.
- Galway, Ireland: If you can only visit one European city this year, Galway should be at the top of your must-do list. Galway is a bustling port city east of the beautiful west coast; while other towns such as Cork and Dublin are modern, Galway has made an extraordinary effort to preserve the culture and language of Ireland. The downtown area is easy to navigate on foot, and it’s chock-full of pubs, cafes and restaurants. Step a little outside of city limits, and you’ll get a chance to explore the breathtaking views of the 1500-mile long Wild Atlantic Way.
- Bali, Indonesia: With some of the world’s best nightlife, a stunningly beautiful and diverse landscape, and enough history to please even the most academic of vacationers, Bali is one of the world’s most popular travel destinations. If you like beautiful white sand beaches, you’ll find them there, and Bali’s shopping district is one of the best open-air markets in the world. Ubud is steeped in Indonesian culture, and Nusa Dua Beach is the ideal place to relax.
- Maui: Hawaiian vacations never get old, and you’ll find everything you’re looking for on the island of Maui. Top-class restaurants, hiking, surfing, nightlife and a dash of Hawaiian history make Maui one of the year’s top travel destinations. The Tedeschi Winery and Mt. Haleakala are two of the island’s popular travel locations.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada: It remains one of the world’s top tourist spots for many reasons. Toronto has all the city life and tall buildings of NYC, but it’s much more welcoming, cleaner and friendlier to newcomers. You’ll even find a Chinatown here; it’s the second biggest one in North America. Tourists can climb the CN tower to get a bird’s-eye view of the city, while more adventuresome types will find plenty to do in Little Poland, Liberty Village and the Distillery Historic District.
There are many places to see and do, and the spots listed here would make an ideal addition to any tourist’s bucket list. With any of the best travel locations in the world, you can see new things and discover new pastimes–and gain lifelong memories.